Re: [NTO] windows ..... regedit ....

  • DA
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2001
      Hi Bill,

      I just remembered one more thing. After getting Win2k running, if you can get
      hold of one of the utilities that save/restore system status it might be handy
      -- It was for me.

      I have a utility called "ConfigSave" that I use to take a snapshot of the system
      prior to installing questionable software. It allows you to restore the old
      system settings if problems are encountered. For example, I had one app that I
      was not sure would be Win2k compatible and sure enough, didn't work, and worst
      of all, didn't create an uninstall entry. I was able to delete the files it
      created then restore the old system settings from the snapshot I had taken, and
      got the system back to its original configuration.

      I found their web site at http://www.imaginelan.com/. I think IBM includes
      ConfigSave with all their systems -- That's is how I happened to have it. It
      came with my new Win2k notebook computer.

      DA