Re: [NTO] Windows Me ...... HP Pavilion .....

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2001
      But would you void your warranty or anything by
      FDISKing it and installing things right from the ground up

      yes ... that has beeen stated that is why I am saying give me another OS ... they say we will help you reinstall but ... when I call back I get someone else who says we can't do that ... it has been a real loop ...
      I am afraid of is not being able to use the program files directory with win2000pro .... and then having a nightmare unraveling everything .... since all I have is their restore disk which goes back to ME ...

      I'd reformat the hard drive and
      rebuild it from the ground up ....

      Well that is what I am going to do but will wait and see if I can get into their pocket book they sure do not seem to mind getting into everyone else's .... did you see the gilbert joke .... http://www.helmig.com/j_helmig/swbug.htm that is pretty close to true .... I have been getting allot of lip service from the underlings but no solution ... I have ME networking with 98 at this point and will see what happens ... I sure do not do busineess like they do if my customer asks I usually give them what they want ... I guess that is the old school though .... its a brave new world ...

      Bill