exception error on windows me .... from notetab pro ..

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 6, 2001
      Hi Jody:
      I am getting the following error when I try to view the source from internet explorer 5 ....

      exception ewin32error in module notepro.exe at 0000dc87 a win32api function failed .

      Could you tell me if it is the new operating system ... ?

      Bill

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 6, 2001
        Hi Bill,

        >I am getting the following error when I try to view the source
        >from internet explorer 5 ....
        >
        >exception ewin32error in module notepro.exe at 0000dc87 a
        >win32api function failed .
        >
        >Could you tell me if it is the new operating system ... ?

        win32 failures most the time are caused by or a side effect
        should I say of low resource conditions. Do you get them all the
        time and after a fresh reboot?

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 7, 2001
          win32 failures most the time are caused by or a side effect
          should I say of low resource conditions. Do you get them all the time and after a fresh reboot?

          Bill:

          Yes ... my resources are at 75% un-used .... it only occurs when I try to view the source of a document from IE .... it fails everytime ....

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 7, 2001
            Hi Bill,

            >> win32 failures most the time are caused by or a side effect
            >> should I say of low resource conditions. Do you get them all
            >> the time and after a fresh reboot?

            >Yes ... my resources are at 75% un-used .... it only occurs when
            >I try to view the source of a document from IE .... it fails
            >everytime ....

            Check in Internet Options to see if you have NoteTab Pro as the
            HTML editor under Programs. Also, try making a dummie HTML page
            with minimal header info and say a couple words in it. Try doing
            it off line as well directly off your drive. Also, try to
            Restore MS Notepad and then Replace MS Notepad. You are in
            Win98SE, correct? What version of NoteTab are you in?

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 7, 2001
              You are in
              Win98SE, correct?

              Bill:
              No the big mistake OS ....windows ME.....

              an aside .... I have
              Best Linux installed the beta and it installed flawlessly ... but I am still having problems with my sound card which is a PCMCIA card you need to know which boards that are supported under linux .. other wise you need to be very good with unix the plus side is linux is just another flavor of unix so all of your old friends are there .. Uncle Bill and all of his good ole boys do not make info available .... info for winnmodems and winnprinters ... these are software driven board ... ie ... winnmodem then it will not work under linux most of the cheapper models of modems are software driven which means that it puts extra work on your computers cpu ... buy only linnmodems they are available for pci slots ... same is true with winnprinters ... becareful of HP stuff ....
              Bill

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 7, 2001
                Hi Bill and All,

                Re: Win32 errors only when View Source/Edit is invoked from IE.
                exception ewin32error in module notepro.exe at 0000dc87 a win32api
                function failed

                > You are in Win98SE, correct?

                Silly me, I overlooked the Subject. ;) OK, I only had 3 shots of espresso in me (got a new machine for Christmas - Yippie, eh Marco? ...and I wonder why I have insomnia at times;)

                Does WinME act like WinNT or is that Win2000 that acts like it? Perhaps View Source does not work in WinME with NoteTab without adding some registry settings. It is acting like it wants to use NoteTab as the editor, but cannot get to it, therefore, keeps trying perhaps till it eats resources up and dies with the Win32 error. My guess is after that the resources are released. Can you Edit with Notepad as the editor?

                Seventy-five percent free resources does not necessarily mean you have enough resources to do the task at hand. I proved Eric's post on the issue awhile back without a doubt having 50%+ free and could not open the smallest of programs getting errors from a-z depending on the program.

                I don't think it would hurt anything if you go to the Utilities Library under the NoteTab Shortcut section and use the Clip in it that makes it so you can use NoteTab as your editor (which does not work, the Clip that is, in Win2000).

                Grant's Clip is the best thing going for ***Win2000 only*** users to use for View Source/NoteTab. I have had no negative feedback from it whatsoever except from a user that knew it was for Win2000 and tried it on a Win95 machine for grins. He ended up having to reformat his drive - but - that may not have been the scripts fault.

                Happy Test'n,
                Jody Adair

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
                mailto:ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@...
              • Bill Scott
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 7, 2001
                  I just meant in regards ..... Linux ...
                  Bill

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 7, 2001
                    Hi Bill,

                    > be careful of HP stuff ....

                    That is my most favorite peripheral company both in performance
                    and support. :)

                    mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...