Re: File|Open, File|Save

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
      For anyone who remembers my sort order question while in File|Open,
      File|Save dialog windows, Lemmesee only made a temporary change. I
      finally asked in a Windows support forum and got the following URLs...

      Contents of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
      http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/5/26.asp

      Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
      http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q229/0/70.asp

      The first one doesn't require rebooting, but plays with the registry.
      The second one was easier, but you needed to reboot the computer.

      Thought I'd pass that on,
      Julie

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2001
        Hi Julie,

        Do you think your brother or whoever it was did something like that
        to you, or do you think it just happened? :) Maybe he knows a trick.

        nite...

        >For anyone who remembers my sort order question while in File|Open,
        >File|Save dialog windows, Lemmesee only made a temporary change. I
        >finally asked in a Windows support forum and got the following URLs...
        >
        >Contents of the Open and Save As Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
        >http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q233/5/26.asp
        >
        >Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly
        >http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q229/0/70.asp
        >
        >The first one doesn't require rebooting, but plays with the registry.
        >The second one was easier, but you needed to reboot the computer.
        >
        >Thought I'd pass that on,
        >Julie
        >
        >Jody wrote:
        >> Hi Julie,

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.notetab.net
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2001
          I noticed it after a friend of my husband's (who is pretty computer savvy)
          was "playing around" with this computer. I sent him an email, but have yet
          to hear back from him. I do wonder if it was a blunder or if he changed a
          setting somewhere!

          Julie