Re: [NTO] WS ^N "Insert Line" Command [WAS: What is NoteTab for?]

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
      Jody wrote:

      > Hi Clueless in Seattle,
      >
      > >The WordStar ^N command was just like hitting the enter key
      > >EXCEPT your cursor stayed where it was, so it ended up at the
      > >beginning of the blank line, ready for you to start typing.
      > >
      > >When you use the Enter key, it moves the cursor down one line,
      > >and you then have to move the cursor back up to the blank line.

      Hi Jody, ClueLess,

      As a past user of VDE and a former 'DOS' keyboard user I agree
      Ctrl N was useful. Although we may get all the bells and
      whistles from the wish list in NoteTab 5.x until then I have good
      news for ClueLess.

      I have used VDE extensively in the past and still have it on my
      other (old) computer. VDE is still available, the newest version
      I was able to track down is VDE-192c. This latest version is
      supposed to be a little more windows friendly than before.

      According to the accompanying doc file it supports multiple open
      files. I haven't tried this yet but I will. That should make it
      more useful for ClueLess to work on in a DOS box. One thing I
      did try was 'drag and drop' a file from the file manager to a VDE
      icon on the Desktop and it loaded into VDE, just as expected.

      So, I guess the point of this msg is, if ClueLess feels more
      comfortable with Wordstar compatibility, at least for now, he
      should use what makes him comfortable. Here are several links to
      use for VDE and a few other support utilities.

      httpp://short.stop.home.att.net/vde.zip

      ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

      http://www.punky.com/vde

      ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

      http://members.aol.com/wolffsoft/vde.htm

      hrs
    • hsavage@shawneelink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
        Hi Clueless in Seattle,

        http://short.stop.home.att.net/vde.zip

        ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

        http://www.punky.com/vde

        ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

        http://members.aol.com/wolffsoft/vde.htm

        Here's a list with the first link corrected.

        hrs