Re: [NTO] WS ^N "Insert Line" Command [WAS: What is NoteTab for?]

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi Clueless in Seattle,

      OK, thanks for letting me know. I guess I am such of a habit of
      only using the enter key when I want a return that I don't do it
      until I want it. <bg> I did not know the cursor was left where
      it is with ^N in WordStar. Who knows, perhaps you will get your
      wish in 4.84. Thanks! -jody

      >> What am I missing here? Why can't you press the return/enter
      >> key?
      >
      >The WordStar ^N command was just like hitting the enter key
      >EXCEPT your cursor stayed where it was, so it ended up at the
      >beginning of the blank line, ready for you to start typing.
      >
      >When you use the Enter key, it moves the cursor down one line,
      >and you then have to move the cursor back up to the blank line.
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
        Jody wrote:

        > Hi Clueless in Seattle,
        >
        > >The WordStar ^N command was just like hitting the enter key
        > >EXCEPT your cursor stayed where it was, so it ended up at the
        > >beginning of the blank line, ready for you to start typing.
        > >
        > >When you use the Enter key, it moves the cursor down one line,
        > >and you then have to move the cursor back up to the blank line.

        Hi Jody, ClueLess,

        As a past user of VDE and a former 'DOS' keyboard user I agree
        Ctrl N was useful. Although we may get all the bells and
        whistles from the wish list in NoteTab 5.x until then I have good
        news for ClueLess.

        I have used VDE extensively in the past and still have it on my
        other (old) computer. VDE is still available, the newest version
        I was able to track down is VDE-192c. This latest version is
        supposed to be a little more windows friendly than before.

        According to the accompanying doc file it supports multiple open
        files. I haven't tried this yet but I will. That should make it
        more useful for ClueLess to work on in a DOS box. One thing I
        did try was 'drag and drop' a file from the file manager to a VDE
        icon on the Desktop and it loaded into VDE, just as expected.

        So, I guess the point of this msg is, if ClueLess feels more
        comfortable with Wordstar compatibility, at least for now, he
        should use what makes him comfortable. Here are several links to
        use for VDE and a few other support utilities.

        httpp://short.stop.home.att.net/vde.zip

        ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

        http://www.punky.com/vde

        ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

        http://members.aol.com/wolffsoft/vde.htm

        hrs
      • hsavage@shawneelink.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
          Hi Clueless in Seattle,

          http://short.stop.home.att.net/vde.zip

          ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

          http://www.punky.com/vde

          ftp://members.aol.com/billw50/vde

          http://members.aol.com/wolffsoft/vde.htm

          Here's a list with the first link corrected.

          hrs