Re: [NTO] OFF TOPIC .... Outlook express ...?

  • alice ttlg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2001
      > Individual OE messages can be saved with an .eml extension. They are
      > basically text files, and can easily be opened in 'Tab. If you create a
      > text file and save it as .eml and then try to open by double-clicking the
      > file, it will open in OE, if it has all the correct fields.
      >
      > HTH,
      > Lawrence M. (Larry) Hamilton, Jr.

      Individual OE messages can also be saved with a .txt extension (if they are
      plain text messages) or a .htm extension (if they're html or rich text).
      The default extension when saving is .eml, simply click on the drop down
      menu and select a different extension.

      Multiple messages can be batch-saved to a folder as .eml as long as they all
      have unique subject lines (as this is the resulting file name) by
      highlighting a group of messages in a folder, right-clicking and selecting
      "Forward as Attachment", then after the blank email opens with all the
      messages attached, click on File, Save Attachments and use the Browse button
      to select the folder you want to save them to.

      Or you can open Windows Explorer, go to the folder you want to save the
      messages to, then in OE, highlight and drag the messages to the folder in
      the Explorer window. Again, all messages must have a unique subject line
      and they'll automatically have the .eml extension.

      alice ttlg

      http://www.alicettlg.com/
      The Internet is full, GO AWAY
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2001
        Bill,

        If you are a registered owner of Mailbag, Jody can help you get up and
        running again. You just need to work with him off list.

        Larry

        At 07:55 PM 01/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:
        >thanks Larry: ...
        >I use to own Mailbag ... but I do not have it ...it went with my old
        >software ... arrrg ... disk drive ...
        >Bill
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2001
          Mailbag simplifies this. You can save one or all, in a variety of formats.

          To work with OE, by itself, each message needs a unique subject. This would
          be a lot of work, if multiple messages had the same subject. I would not
          enjoy such a task without MailBag.

          Larry