Re: [NTO] Win 98 Problem ... I need to buy a small partitiondrivewithwin 98 on it ... been to ebay ... D

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 28, 2000
      Hi Bill,

      >Thanks ... I have both up now ... I don't exactly know why ?
      >I reseated all of the cables and found a loose conection .. oh
      >well ... they don't make these little computers for big hands

      Hard to say what fixed the problem if you did them both at the
      same time. It is always best to do one thing at a time so you
      know what the fix was for future purposes. A partially connected
      cable could have caused what you were seeing depending on what
      pins were connected. If I plugged in one cable I have plugged in
      tens of thousands installing and troubleshooting the major long
      distance company's telephone switches, ie: MCI, US Sprint, etc.

      It is sometimes hard to know if things are hardware or software
      related. For me, hardware is what I go with first. A trick you
      can do when you have redundant hardware (two of the same backing
      up each other) or two similar hardware devices is "roll" or
      "frog" the cables. That means to take the end off each device
      and swap them. See which way the problem goes. That way you can
      determine if it is a hardware or software problem, or at least
      clear the two pieces of hardware.

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...