Re: [NTO] Win 98 Problem ... I need to buy a smallpartitiondrivewithwin 98 on it

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2000
      Hi Bill,

      >Welll ... I am running norton 2001 on both drves now but it is
      >still doing something strange the mouse will freeze up and then
      >it will give me an error message that windows has made a write
      >protection fault and say you need to restart press any key ...
      >then it will go to the shutdown screen ... safe to turn your
      >computer off .... open for any ideas ... ?

      Start Windows in Safe mode. Go to Device Manage from Control
      Panel | uh, System or whatever it is. <g> Delete mouse or mice.
      I have found three in there before at one time in Safe mode, but
      only on in regular mode - that cleared my freezing problem. If
      you are using a wheel mouse, make sure you get the latest drivers
      for it. Do a thorough scandisk and defrag as well. Also, turn
      off your anti-virus software from doing any automatic checking
      for now and do not have it start on startup. you want to keep
      everything from running that is not necessary.

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...