Re: [NTO] Linux and Where to get Wine for Linux

    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 28, 2000
      Hi Bill,

      >Marco is right .... without super user you are not able to add
      >passwords ... and when you finally do get in with super user
      >permissions .... you can do way more than you know how to do ...
      >be careful .... you can rwx any file

      Yep, and that is what I did for myself - FULL permission - all
      files - all boxes checked - all systems go!!! :) Gee, I could
      care less if I delete all my windows system files or all of Linux
      "system" files. I don't sweat the small stuff. If I limit and
      am scared of a computer, I cripple my learning experience
      gravely.

      It is not like driving a car where one has to be careful because
      of lives and money loss. It takes a little time to fix most
      things even if it is a reformat and reinstall. That can be done
      quickly - perhaps a few hours by me, and there basic Linux that I
      want in about 15 minutes which includes a custom install. It
      only takes about five minutes for the install itself on my
      machine.

      Now, if I am on somebody else's machine, I am not "'wrecklessly'
      dangerous" on them. :)

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...