Re: [NTO] Win 98 Problem

    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 19, 2000
      Hi Jim and Bill,

      >>If you go to Start | Run on s win98 machine and type in "sfc" w/o
      >>the quotes it will tell you what files have change, etc. and
      >>give you a number of options to do things with it. It looks like
      >>one of those, read carefully, can use caution things. :)
      >
      >Thanks for the tip - I it looks handy - I like it.
      >
      >I note too that it notices that I have replaced Notepad with NoteTab.

      Yes, pretty neat, eh. <g> Of course you know you did that (you
      as in everybody reading) so you would use the "Ignore" option in
      that case. If you noticed, you can replace files directly from
      PRECOPY if you have that installed from your load, but it might
      let you plug in the CD. I learned the trick from an HP tech - he
      didn't help solve my problem, but I learned a lot from him. :)

      BTW, my HP CD Writer Plus problem that he could not help me with
      was a CMOS setting. I have way stumbled across the fix (at put
      me in the right direction) at the Adaptec site. It was a CMOS
      setting I needed to change. HP and I would have been on the
      phone for days trying to figure that one out. A sites FAQ might
      not always give you the answer for things, but sometimes keywords
      can get you thinking to look in areas you would normally not
      think of.

      Bill, you might also try some Windows newsgroups. OE5 can read
      newsgroups real easy if you have it installed, but I don't know
      of any to refer you to.

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 19, 2000