RE: [NRN] File|Open, File|Save

  • J. Michael Mollohan by way of Jody
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2000
      >> I have the feeling you think one needs to have the file manager running
      >> in order to have the dialog helper running.

      > Well, actually, I'm kind of a Windows Explorer and Open dialog
      > guy. I use them both about 50/50 so I always have Windows
      > Explorer open. I guess it stems back from the File Manager 3.1
      > days. I can quickly switch to Windows Explorer and open files
      > sometimes a lot faster than using the Open dialog.

      Here's another alternative to Windows Explorer/File Manager/Power Desk:

      Singularity -- download from www.winability.com

      Version 5 works with ME, 2000, 9x, and NT. It allows you to display two
      directories in side by side panes. Has many of the same features of
      Explorer and Power Desk, but, I think, more usable than either. Throws in
      some of the more useful features of the old File Manager, too. Integrates
      with Note Tab automatically if you have chosen to replace Notepad with Note
      Tab. I forget what it costs to register, but it wasn't much and worth every
      penny.