Re: [NTO] Re: Using NTP as eternal editor for Becky 2 mailer

  • Stephen B
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2000
      Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

      > Hi Stephen,
      >
      > >I do wonder if it is only me, something in my installation or
      > >whatever, or whether anyone else has the same problem.
      >
      > All I can do is verify that Becky sho' nuff locks up until
      > NoteTab is shut down.

      OK thanks for trying that out. So it is not just my machine. [ That
      the Becky compose window cannot get the focus back till NTP is closed.]

      > I did not have much time to play with it,
      > but I know I also have my WS_FTPLE and some other progs setup to
      > use NoteTab as the external editor and they work, or at least
      > they did last time I checked which was not to long ago. Replace
      > MS Notepad/IE is the same thing I would think - View Source (or
      > Edit). Perhaps NoteTab is trying to ship the edited copy to IE,
      > Ws_FtpLe, etc., but why would it update B2? Seems like it is
      > going to the right place.

      I think so too.

      > Outlook is the only one I have not used above. Becky2 is not
      > ready for me yet. It has some nice features, but not what I need.
      > I have been using Eudora since 1.54 and have tried out many eMail
      > programs since then... I think I will have to become a
      > programmer to get one I want. ;) Pegasus is my next choice after
      > Eudora, and I have hopes for the next main version of Poco.

      Yes, i think all the email programs are just getting better over time.
      The one shock lately is that AOL6 supports .html but people cannot turn
      it off. There are lots of messages on Usenet about this. Apparently
      if you use AOL6 mail you have to send in .html.

      > I thought your post to the basic list was a undercover SPAM thing
      > to announce the release of Becky until I saw who you were. <bg>
      > I like this list, because we are free to discus other things than
      > just NoteTab.

      Yes, I didn't know what this groups was for, but I subbed yesterday.
      Previously thought it had something to do with people who use NTP just
      chatting (about their lives and loves, the weather or whatever - I
      wasn't sure exactly what) , which I thought was a strange idea because
      there are so so many chat grouping on the net I wondered what was the
      point. ;-)

      Becky (like other mailers) is fine, but I wouldn't spam about it. I
      know the sort of spam you are talking about - pretending to be an
      inquiry or whatever.

      --
      Stephen
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2000
        Hi Stephen B,

        >> All I can do is verify that Becky sho' nuff locks up until
        >> NoteTab is shut down.
        >
        >OK thanks for trying that out. So it is not just my machine. [
        >That the Becky compose window cannot get the focus back till NTP
        >is closed.]

        It sure is one of those strange ones since Becky works with other
        editors and NoteTab works with other apps. You might try a few
        different editors. Perhaps some others do not work with Becky
        and then the problem might be leading to a compatibility thing
        with Delphi programmed products and Becky.

        > Apparently if you use AOL6 mail you have to send in .html.

        No comment about AOL. <bg>

        >Becky (like other mailers) is fine, but I wouldn't spam about it.

        Thanks! :) I just saw a Becky.zip file in my notetab folder
        which means I have an old worn out Library for the old version.
        I do not know if I ever completed it because of the nag screen.
        I will send it to you if you want to play with it - it would be
        for sending mail from NoteTab to Becky.

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
      • Stephen B
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2000
          Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

          > I just saw a Becky.zip file in my notetab folder
          > which means I have an old worn out Library for the old version.
          > I do not know if I ever completed it because of the nag screen.
          > I will send it to you if you want to play with it - it would be
          > for sending mail from NoteTab to Becky.

          I am trying out Eudora again today. Version 5 something. Eudora Lite
          was first mailer I ever used a number of year ago. I downloaded more
          recent version couple of months ago but the toolbars didn't display
          properly, so I immediately got discouraged and uninstalled.

          But today, after reading your praise of that app, I dl'ed it again, and
          lo and behold one of the first things I saw in the help file was how to
          fix that issue. And so I am seeing that Eudora has come a long way and
          has ideas worth looking at. I've already seen some things I like. It
          seem to be more resource heavy on my machine, but I am way overdue for
          more RAM so that is my problem.

          By all means send that Becky clip. I'll look at the syntax, as inch by
          bleeding inch I absorb more about clips over time. And I am usually
          dead curious anyway. Thanks.

          --
          Stephen
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 19, 2000
            Hi Stephen B,

            >By all means send that Becky clip. I'll look at the syntax, as
            >inch by bleeding inch I absorb more about clips over time. And I
            >am usually dead curious anyway. Thanks.

            Did I ever send that Clip to you?

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 21, 2000
              Jody <av1611@...> wrote:

              > Hi Stephen B,

              > >By all means send that Becky clip. I'll look at the syntax, as
              > >inch by bleeding inch I absorb more about clips over time. And I
              > >am usually dead curious anyway. Thanks.

              > Did I ever send that Clip to you?

              Not yet. In some StarTrek episodes I am led to
              believe that the future has already happened, so in
              one sense you have sent it already.

              Could you send it again anyway? ;-)

              It will be interesting to look at. I enjoy your work
              with the clip syntax and marvel how people seem to be
              able to fit all kinds of ideas in their head.

              You said this clip was a bit dated. That is OK. It
              is worth a look.

              But no hurry.

              --
              Stephen