Re: [NTO] Clean install

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2000
      Paul King wrote:

      > Do any of you gurus know a good site which outlines the steps
      > in a clean install for applications?
      >
      > I have been in the habit of shutting down all programs except
      > Explorer and Systray after hitting Ctrl-Alt-Delete, one at a time,
      > then closing down Ontrack FixIt and TSR's, but think I'm over-
      > looking something.
      >
      > PK

      Hi Paul King,

      When I answered this mail the other day I had forgotten I have a
      PC Magazine Utility (EndItAll) that is supposed to do exactly
      what you are asking about. Here is the link, you can down load
      it and judge for yourself.

      http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,0011NB,.html

      Enjoy,

      hrs
    • Paul King
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2000
        At 02:52 PM 12/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi Paul King,
        >
        >When I answered this mail the other day I had forgotten I have a
        >PC Magazine Utility (EndItAll) that is supposed to do exactly
        >what you are asking about. Here is the link, you can down load
        >it and judge for yourself.
        >
        >http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,0011NB,.html

        Hi Harvey:

        This is what I've been looking for. Thanks for pointing it out. Closing
        TSR's one by one is a pain in the patoot. I use some of Reubenkind's
        other programs and have so far found them trouble free. I notice that
        my utility suite for disc maintenance and repair also appears on the list
        which eliminates a trip to MSCONFIG to shut the suite down when installing
        a new application.

        Many thanks,
        Paul King