Re-starting DOS/Win95/Win98

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
      Jody, Ernie, et al

      At 09:12 PM 12/4/00, you wrote:
      >Hi Ernie,
      >
      > >I have a need to re-start a Windows NT system each night at
      > >a predefined time. Does anyone know of a command that can be
      > >used? Ideally something that can be used in Scheduled Tasks.
      >
      >This is from Larry Hamilton's outline that he made gathering information
      >off the net. It is for Win95/98 though.

      For DOS/Win95/Win98 there is a little file originally (years ago) called
      WARMBOOT.COM (I have since renamed it REBOOT.COM) which forces a
      CTRL+ALT+DEL type reboot in DOS and the equivalent of a RESTART in Win95/Win98.

      I launch it from a shortcut on the desktop.

      I'm lazy and don't like to have to go through 3 menu's to reboot.

      UNFORTUNATELY I was never able to get it to work in Win2K Pro (NT4)

      If anyone wants a copy, I'd be happy to send it to you for the asking.

      Regards,

      Jim
    • Ernie
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
        Thanks Jody and Jim.
        Will try out your suggestions today Jody.
        Thanks Again.