Re: [NTO] Re: Procedure for writing a computer program

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000

      Alle 23.01 Thursday 30/11/2000 -0800, Jim Hall ha mandato a Marco questo
      messaggio:

      >If I may also use your example then it wouldn't surprise me if the finished
      >wall was 12 feet high, 133 feet long, with 4 x 12 studs, 17 windows and 5
      >doors (or some other such foolishness).

      It's true!
      We architects call it "spontaneous architecture"... it becomes "typical"
      after a 200 years on so, and you can't modify it, in the same way you can't
      modify a spaghetti-coded program :-)

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2000
        A major mistake is to get so involved with the coding &
        programming
        language that we forget to actually WRITE the program, THEN code
        it.

        Bill *||:>) wrote:

        That is exactly what I am looking for how do you write a program
        before you
        code it or even decide what language will be the best to use ...
        *||:^) A wee bit of
        help.tips or ideas on how to start ... planning ... a project ...
        you know.a jump start ... with the obvious ..... so the light
        goes on .... a hint ... so more people get the joke ... *||:^)

        I work with animals allot border collies ..... when some college
        guy comes out to learn to do some training ... what is obvious to
        me is not always so obvious to him ... you might tell him five
        times and he just does not get it ... but if I take the time to
        give him a hint they will usually suprise you .. what you thought
        was dumb was just ignorant of animals ..... ignorance is curable
        in most cases ... *||:^) I had a male nurse that came to me about
        5 years ago for help he just won the Nursery Nationals ... but
        when I first met him he was comical ... he couldn't even spell
        border collie ..and I thought to myself what a dumb head ... but
        he stuck it out and ... there you have it ......

        Bill (off topic) Scott.