[NTO] Linux, Wine, etc. (was on NTB-HTML)

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 24, 2000

      Better to move this thread on OT-list!

      Jody wrote:
      > NoteTab is programmed with Borland-Delphi. Eric saw they were
      > planning to add support for Linux. If that happens, Eric will
      > make a Linux version. I cannot give you any type of date range
      > of when that might happen at this time because we do not know.

      So everybody here must mail Borland!

      > I've heard it runs pretty good under Wine.

      I try this, but after the 3rd bottle I was unable to type :-)

      BTW, if the 30% of car crashes is caused by drunken drivers, the 70% is
      caused by sober drivers. So it's safer to drive after some bottles!

      Lotta wrote:
      > What? Don't you want the free hat you get if you buy it from Redhat?

      I'm thinking to install SUSE, because here there is a lot of flies, and I
      hope to have a free chameleon :-)

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
      Message 34 of 34 , Dec 19, 2000
        Hi Jim and Bill,

        >>If you go to Start | Run on s win98 machine and type in "sfc" w/o
        >>the quotes it will tell you what files have change, etc. and
        >>give you a number of options to do things with it. It looks like
        >>one of those, read carefully, can use caution things. :)
        >
        >Thanks for the tip - I it looks handy - I like it.
        >
        >I note too that it notices that I have replaced Notepad with NoteTab.

        Yes, pretty neat, eh. <g> Of course you know you did that (you
        as in everybody reading) so you would use the "Ignore" option in
        that case. If you noticed, you can replace files directly from
        PRECOPY if you have that installed from your load, but it might
        let you plug in the CD. I learned the trick from an HP tech - he
        didn't help solve my problem, but I learned a lot from him. :)

        BTW, my HP CD Writer Plus problem that he could not help me with
        was a CMOS setting. I have way stumbled across the fix (at put
        me in the right direction) at the Adaptec site. It was a CMOS
        setting I needed to change. HP and I would have been on the
        phone for days trying to figure that one out. A sites FAQ might
        not always give you the answer for things, but sometimes keywords
        can get you thinking to look in areas you would normally not
        think of.

        Bill, you might also try some Windows newsgroups. OE5 can read
        newsgroups real easy if you have it installed, but I don't know
        of any to refer you to.

        mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...