Computers in Planes

  • phil
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2000
      Computers have entered the aircraft field in a
      big way. Most airplanes have some kind of a
      computer on board. Airliners have many of them,
      and many types of them.

      Some Airliners are equipped with landing systems,
      run by computers, that will land an Airliner
      without need of a pilot at all. The British Air
      Bus, for instance, has no manual input from the
      pilot at all. The contols are hooked to wires
      that carry the movements made by the Pilot into
      a central computer, and the computer then manually
      makes the changes in the contol surfaces.

      The lastest US Airliners are, once the computer is
      programmed, capable of taking off, flying their route,
      and landing without the pilot doing anything.

      In fact, it is said that the Air Crew of the
      future will consist of One Pilot, and One Dog.
      The Pilots job will be to sit and monitor what
      is going on, and the Dog is there to bite him
      if he tries to touch anything.

      Joke by Phil
    • Marco Bernardini
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2000

        Alle 17.10 Friday 10/11/2000 -0800, phil ha mandato a Marco questo messaggio:

        >Computers have entered the aircraft field in a
        >big way. Most airplanes have some kind of a
        >computer on board. Airliners have many of them,
        >and many types of them.
        ><SNIP>
        >Joke by Phil

        And, of course, there will be people who prefer planes using Windows,
        others using Linux, and so on... LOL!
        BTW, who knows if the old Sinclair ZX-80 on the Mir station is still working?

        Bye!

        Marco Bernardini
      • phil
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2000
          I never saw a computer in a plane that used windows. Or any
          thing else, for that matter.

          Maybe planes need something reliable.

          Phil E.