Re: [NTO] MS Outlook Express Addresses

  • phil
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2000
      Ray,

      Do you add names the book by going Addresses/New/New Contact ?

      Does OE5 list your new address in the Contacts box in the
      lower left hand?

      Never had the problem, but I use it all the time and maybe
      I can help.

      Phil E.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2000
        Phil

        When I want to send to a new contact, I compose the message then click Send.
        At that point, OE5 brings up a dialog box if it can't find the "To" name in
        the address book. One of the options is "New Contact". That's where I
        enter the person's name and e-address etc. Then the mail goes out normally.
        My problem occurs when I try to send the next message to that person. The
        person's name is not anywhere in the address book where I can find it.

        Ray Shapp
      • phil
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2000
          Ray,

          I see the problem now. That way does not work for me at
          all. That will send it, but not add it to the address book.

          One way to add it to the book is to right click on the name you
          want to send to, and then click on "Add to address book" in the
          box. But this way might not put it in as you want it to be entered.

          When I want to add a name the Address Book, I click "Addresses"
          and then New the New Contact and then enter the name and
          address ( physical and email) and whatever I want on their sheet, and
          the click OK(a must).

          That way the new name is in the address book and the "Contacts"
          window. Then double click on that and compose your message.
          There may be other ways, but that seems to be the best way to me.

          Phil E.