MS Outlook Express Addresses

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2000
      To All

      Sometimes, when I send e-mail to a new addressee, Outlook Express Version
      5.0 records the new address correctly but doesn't show that address in its
      database. Other times, OE5 does make a proper entry in the address book
      which I can later find alphabetically.

      In all cases, I know the address was recorded correctly because my messages
      do go to the new entry. Also, if I create another new mail later, OE5 is
      able to complete the name in the "To" window and it does properly send the
      new message.

      The info is being stored by OE5, but I can't access it directly by opening
      the address book and scrolling to where the name should be in the
      alphabetical listing. It doesn't matter whether I open the address book by
      clicking on the Addresses button in the tool bar or whether I right-click on
      the person's address in outgoing mail.

      I'm using Win98 on a Pentium II.

      Thanks for your help,

      Ray Shapp