Re: The Constitution

  • JMC
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2000
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@egroups.com, Bill Scott <bscott@s...> wrote:
      > <IXOYE>
      >
      > What does this mean ? *||:^)

      I don't know what *||:^) means Bill...

      > Bill Scott

      But I do know what <IXOYE>< means. Hope you don't mind if I share it.

      The earliest followers of Jesus were persecuted and forced to
      worship in hidden locations. Often these believers would scratch the
      secret symbol of a fish in the ground to help identify other
      Christians. Here I use < >< as a fish symbol.

      Not only was fish a common food of the day, often used and
      referenced by Jesus during His ministry, but the letters which make
      up the Greek for "fish" (IXOYE) also spell out a (secret) message
      about our Lord. I-Jesus, X-Christ, O-God's, Y-Son, E-Savior.

      The fish symbol transcends differences in cultures and
      denominations. Throughout generations the fish symbol continues to
      identify the true followers of Jesus Christ.

      <IXOYE><
      In His Service;

      John Cerbus
      Port Clinton, Ohio