Re: [NTO] The Constitution

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10 2:52 AM

      What does this mean ? *||:^)

      Bill Scott
    • JMC
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10 4:05 AM
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@egroups.com, Bill Scott <bscott@s...> wrote:
        > <IXOYE>
        > What does this mean ? *||:^)

        I don't know what *||:^) means Bill...

        > Bill Scott

        But I do know what <IXOYE>< means. Hope you don't mind if I share it.

        The earliest followers of Jesus were persecuted and forced to
        worship in hidden locations. Often these believers would scratch the
        secret symbol of a fish in the ground to help identify other
        Christians. Here I use < >< as a fish symbol.

        Not only was fish a common food of the day, often used and
        referenced by Jesus during His ministry, but the letters which make
        up the Greek for "fish" (IXOYE) also spell out a (secret) message
        about our Lord. I-Jesus, X-Christ, O-God's, Y-Son, E-Savior.

        The fish symbol transcends differences in cultures and
        denominations. Throughout generations the fish symbol continues to
        identify the true followers of Jesus Christ.

        In His Service;

        John Cerbus
        Port Clinton, Ohio
        E-mail: webmasterjmc@...