Re: [NTO] IrfanView 3.30 - printing problems

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2000
      Hi Jan-Arild,

      >I have used IrfanView since v 2.01 (I think), and never had any
      >problems with it whatsoever -until now (v 3.30)
      >
      >When I try to select the new "Custom"-option in the print dialog, I
      >get the following error message:

      >I_VIEW32 caused an exception 10H in module I_VIEW32.EXE at 015f:00458114.
      >Registers:

      I got an Illegal Operation as soon as I clicked on Custom in v3.30

      mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
    • Carl Swann
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2000
        Jody wrote:

        > Hi Jan-Arild,
        >
        > I got an Illegal Operation as soon as I clicked on Custom in v3.30

        Help me here, please... I can't seem to locate this "Custom" option in
        v 3.30. When I call the print dialog, there's nothing indicating a
        "Custom" that I can find...???

        TIA// Carl

        oOOo-(_)-oOOo
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 9, 2000
          Hi Carl,

          >> I got an Illegal Operation as soon as I clicked on Custom in v3.30
          >
          >Help me here, please... I can't seem to locate this "Custom" option in
          >v 3.30. When I call the print dialog, there's nothing indicating a
          >"Custom" that I can find...???

          Sorry for the late reply; I filter you to my funnies list as you know to
          grab some of your's for mine. ;)

          Ctrl+P, then Options, and you should see an I_View print dialog come up.
          There is a box there to check called Custom which allows you to specify
          the size you want the image printed if I remember correctly.

          See ya in the funnies!
          Jody Adair

          Clean-Funnies
          mailto:c-f@...?Subject=subscribe

          you missed a good joke!
        • Carl Swann
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 9, 2000
            Jody wrote:

            > Hi Carl,
            >
            > >> I got an Illegal Operation as soon as I clicked on Custom in v3.30
            > >
            > >Help me here, please... I can't seem to locate this "Custom" option in
            > >v 3.30.
            >
            > Ctrl+P, then Options, and you should see an I_View print dialog come up.
            > There is a box there to check called Custom which allows you to specify
            > the size you want the image printed if I remember correctly.

            All is get for the Print dialogue is the Windows panel for Print with
            my WinFax and/or Epson drop-down menu choice. I checked the
            Preferences in IrView and everywhere else and can't find a Print|
            Custom option or dialog anywhere. I guess that's good, since you guys
            have been talking about creating Illegal Operations with it... :-)

            I'm baffled... thanks anyway...

            oOOo-(_)-oOOo
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 9, 2000
              Hi Carl,

              >All is get for the Print dialogue is the Windows panel for Print with
              >my WinFax and/or Epson drop-down menu choice. I checked the
              >Preferences in IrView and everywhere else and can't find a Print|
              >Custom option or dialog anywhere. I guess that's good, since you guys
              >have been talking about creating Illegal Operations with it... :-)

              Once your regular printer dialog comes up click OK and it should come up after that. I don't know when the feature was added, because I don't use I_View to print with. I have I_View 3.30 now which should be the latest.

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 10, 2000
                Jody wrote:

                > Once your regular printer dialog comes up click OK and it should come up after that.

                Yep - same here... fatal exception that terminates I_View...

                Thanks for sticking with me there... :-)

                oOOo-(_)-oOOo
              • Lloyd
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 10, 2000
                  Hi All,

                  I just upgraded from version 3.12 to 3.30. I tried to find the problem, it
                  seems to work ok for me. I selected custom, changed to inches, tried
                  setting up margins, centered, changed size to 5 X 3.4, added header and
                  footer, changed the font and font size, and printed. They all worked.

                  I would say they have either fixed the problem or I am just lucky.

                  Lloyd
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 10, 2000
                    Hi Lloyd,

                    Could you print?

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 10, 2000
                      Hi Jody,

                      Sure could. In fact I just used it to print a .jpg.

                      Lloyd

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 12, 2000
                        Hi Carl,

                        >> Once your regular printer dialog comes up click OK and it should come up after that.
                        >
                        >Yep - same here... fatal exception that terminates I_View...
                        >
                        >Thanks for sticking with me there... :-)

                        OK, I'll let Irfan know about it. ;)

                        (As you might know, I'm doing my funnies for tomorrow. <g>)