Clips

  • phil
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000
      Jody,

      When you have your kids computer working, and have some free time,
      give me a brief shot about clips.

      Several months ago, I asked about them and was told that the place to
      start was the clipbook tutorial? included with NTB Pro.

      I went there and it said I needed to have a GOOD working knowledge
      of NTB first. I did not have that, so I have been trying to get real good
      with NTB. There are still many parts of it that I have no knowledge of
      at all, but I use it regularly and have no problems with it.

      I want to find out if I REALLY am too dumb to learn what clips are
      about. I think I am, but I would like to KNOW I am.

      I just went to NTB, then to Help/Help on Clip Programming. I got
      Clipbook Pragramming/then Introduction. The first paragraph in that
      left me just shaking my head.

      I do not know what Perl and Gawk interpreters are, but thank heaven
      we can use them. Then it said something about the Best Way to learn about
      clip programming was to go look at the clips included in NTB. I have not
      found them.

      Someone sent me one, with some instructions. I made it work, but had
      not a clue as to what I was doing.

      If you can tell, from the above, that I am a hopeless case, tell me so and
      I will forget it. Be candid, I can tolerate being called a dummy.

      Phil E.

      PS-I heard something about a "Clip" class. Is it something I should think
      about? Is it still available ever?
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000
        Hi phil,

        >When you have your kids computer working, and have some free time,
        >give me a brief shot about clips.
        >
        >Several months ago, I asked about them and was told that the place to
        >start was the clipbook tutorial? included with NTB Pro.
        >
        >I went there and it said I needed to have a GOOD working knowledge
        >of NTB first. I did not have that, so I have been trying to get real good
        >with NTB. There are still many parts of it that I have no knowledge of
        >at all, but I use it regularly and have no problems with it.

        >PS-I heard something about a "Clip" class. Is it something I should think
        >about? Is it still available ever?

        Yes, and it now has a Getting Started page. Download the file in my sigline and put all the files in NoteTab's Library folder. Please subscribe to the ClipClass list for questions concerning the lessons.

        Happy Script'n!
        Jody Adair

        ClipClass Outline & Library: Extract to NoteTab\Libraries
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/clipclass/clipclass.zip

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
        mailto:Ntb-ClipClass-UnSubscribe@...
        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clipclass

        The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      • Harvey R. Savage
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000
          Jody,

          My downloader doesn't like the address for the clipclass.zip you
          listed on this email!

          hrs

          --
          ¿? Harvey R. Savage
          ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000
            Hi Harvey,

            >My downloader doesn't like the address for the clipclass.zip you
            >listed on this email!
            >
            >> ClipClass Outline & Library: Extract to NoteTab\Libraries
            >> http://www.sureword.com/notetab/clipclass/clipclass.zip

            Works here in NetCaptor. Try again, perhaps you need a reboot.

            mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@...
          • Marco Bernardini
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000

              Alle 17.57 Monday 30/10/2000 -0600, Harvey R. Savage ha mandato a Marco
              questo messaggio:

              >My downloader doesn't like the address for the clipclass.zip you
              >listed on this email!

              From here (under a heavy storm and without monitor: too big for the UPS)
              Go!Zilla works fine with it.

              Bye!