Re: [NTO] Virus Protection

  • Red Leader
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2000
      phil wrote:

      > Will some smart person go to www.esafe.com
      > and see what they think. This is made by Aladdin Industries.

      Well, whether I'm a "smart person" is open for debate, but I checked
      them out anyway. It looks like a very thorough program. As with your
      email program or web browser, if it works for you - go with it. I've
      tried a couple of different free programs. I liked AVG pretty well but
      it slowed down my computer too much (I have a pretty slow machine by
      today's standards) so I switched to InoculateIT. Not sure how much good
      it does, it's not as thorough as the one you're using but it doesn't
      slow my machine down and doesn't hog memory or disk space. Whether it
      would catch anything I don't know. If yours has caught viruses in the
      past though, I would stick with it. There is probably somewhere where
      you can tell it what programs to allow to change system files, but as
      I've never used it I couldn't tell you how it's done. Hopefully someone
      else can.

      Emmett