Virus Protection

  • phil
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2000
      Will some smart person go to www.esafe.com

      and see what they think. This is made by Aladdin Industries.

      It says it puts all programs in a "sandbox" environment and checks them.

      Then they are released. At least that is what it seems to say in it's
      description. The program places a small file in EVERY folder on the
      computer that has that folders info in it. When something attempts to
      change the file it stops it and will not let it continue unless the changer
      is a "known" or "identifiable" program or person. I can change them
      with no stops, for instance.

      But many times, I will try to load a program on, and when the new
      program tries to write to win.ini it stops it from writing.

      In the 8 or so months since I have had this program, it has caught two
      viruses from outside, and one from a diskette from my old computer
      (that computer was made useless by the Chernoble virus. It destroyed
      two chips on the motherboard making it not worth fixing)

      THe Virus thing is on both computers, and I am going to get rid of
      one of these machines.

      Phil E.