[NTO] Re: icons etc

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2000
      Hi Julie G,

      > MAKE YOUR OWN ICONS!
      >
      >...Choose
      > Rename and rename the .bmp extension to .ico. Now you can use
      > this file as an icon for any of your programs.

      Hmmm? I missed that - maybe because I haven't opened the letter
      yet. <g> Actually, it is still in the .bmp format though. Since
      Windows can read a .bmp file in Windows Explorer it displays it
      because Windows displays .ico. Nice fake out job PSP.

      You don't suppose my WinZip Self Extractor (SE) would let me
      change .bmp to .ico and let me get away with it for the file icon
      do you? Nah.

      Thanks for the tip though. I suspect that NoteTabbers that do
      not use I_View would like to know that. Remember though, if you
      have directories with large amount of .bmp's and .ico's to
      display in Windows Explorer it can eat up some recourses so much
      to where .exe file icons start turning into DOS boxes, etc and
      the file icons revert to an unassociated state. It is only the
      display though and after restarting windows they all return to
      normal.

      Bye for now,
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23