Re: [NTO] Registry Backups

  • RS
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2000
      Hi Ray,

      At 01:04 PM 10/20/00 -0400, you wrote:

      >I'd like to see the Registry backup batch files. I don't tinker much with
      the Registry.

      It is wise not to (tinker) <g>

      I thought you'd find more comfortable to make your backups from NoteTab
      than from a DOS window, so here's a Clip to do it in the meantime (until I
      have the time to convert my program for general use). I uploaded the
      package in case someone else might be interested:

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/download/RegRestore.zip

      To restore the registry, use one of the included batch files from DOS (real
      DOS). Instructions are included with the files.

      I use to keep a note on my desk, detailing when each backup was made and
      the circumstances that originated it. So in case Windows won't boot I can
      always tell which backup is best to restore.

      Regards,

      RS