[NTO] Re: Image Editors & Buttons

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hi Jody,

      >Has anybody found a good collection of small buttons/icons yet?
      Nope, sorry, haven't been looking yet. I do have a very small collection
      (34, mostly special characters) of 18x18 buttons I created a long time ago
      for the toolbar of that pretty-good HTML editor that I no longer use (HS 3).
      If you're interested, let me know.

      >Anyway, does anybody know of a preferably freeware
      >icon (.ico) editor, 256 colors, and does transparency?
      How about IrfanView? Says it supports "ICO (read/write) - Windows Icon" I've
      got it at home but never needed to use it much yet.
      http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/english.htm

      Cheers,
      Ray
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2000
        Hi Ray,

        >> Anyway, does anybody know of a preferably freeware icon (.ico)
        >> editor, 256 colors, and does transparency? How about
        >> IrfanView? Says it supports "ICO (read/write) - Windows Icon"
        >> I've got it at home but never needed to use it much yet.
        >> http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/english.htm

        That was on my list yesterday. :) He is up to 3.10 now - hard to
        keep up with. I use it as my default viewer because it is so
        fast, but for serious stuff I use PSP. I_View will save as ico,
        but only does transparency in .gif. It is a really nice little
        editor. One of these days I am going to send Irfan off a little
        money. I've used it for three years now. It is more of a
        Cadillac viewer though than an editor although it does have some
        simple editing - no paint brushes or anything like that.
        Basically just file resizing, lightening/darkening, cropping, and
        batch. Real nice just for a fast viewer though. Worth the
        install and default tryout for awhile in my opinion. I tried a
        bunch of freeware ones out when looking and I_View was the one I
        settled with.

        For me it is kind of: Quick Verse 4.0, NoteTab, Paint Shop Pro,
        Eudora, WinZip, Ws_Ftp, I_View, NetLaunch, Application Bar
        (AppBar) <-- excellent freeware) and NetCaptor. Those are my
        favorites. I have other stuff that I like and will probably
        never replace them. I just don't use them enough to add to my
        list above.

        Nite...

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      • Mujtaba Ali
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
          Hey all,

          Just wanted to add that I think LeechFTP, which is freeware, is a tad
          better than WS_FTP. You can download it at:
          http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~jdebis/leechftp/
          Unfortunately, it seems as if the author has stopped maintaining it, but
          it still stands quite well, and sports a very nifty GUI, I might add. Just
          my $.02

          -- Mujtaba Ali

          >> Anyway, does anybody know of a preferably freeware icon (.ico)
          >> editor, 256 colors, and does transparency? How about
          >> IrfanView? Says it supports "ICO (read/write) - Windows Icon"
          >> I've got it at home but never needed to use it much yet.
          >> http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/english.htm

          That was on my list yesterday. :) He is up to 3.10 now - hard to
          keep up with. I use it as my default viewer because it is so
          fast, but for serious stuff I use PSP. I_View will save as ico,
          but only does transparency in .gif. It is a really nice little
          editor. One of these days I am going to send Irfan off a little
          money. I've used it for three years now. It is more of a
          Cadillac viewer though than an editor although it does have some
          simple editing - no paint brushes or anything like that.
          Basically just file resizing, lightening/darkening, cropping, and
          batch. Real nice just for a fast viewer though. Worth the
          install and default tryout for awhile in my opinion. I tried a
          bunch of freeware ones out when looking and I_View was the one I
          settled with.

          For me it is kind of: Quick Verse 4.0, NoteTab, Paint Shop Pro,
          Eudora, WinZip, Ws_Ftp, I_View, NetLaunch, Application Bar
          (AppBar) <-- excellent freeware) and NetCaptor. Those are my
          favorites. I have other stuff that I like and will probably
          never replace them. I just don't use them enough to add to my
          list above.

          Nite...

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as
          0.0% Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no
          hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
          you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
          http://click.egroups.com/1/966/1/_/353289/_/949390205/

          -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
          -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=notetab-ot&m=1
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
            Hi Mujtaba,

            > Just wanted to add that I think LeechFTP, which is freeware, is
            > a tad better than WS_FTP. You can download it at:
            > http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~jdebis/leechftp/

            Does it do commandline and run in the background while the file
            in NoteTab is uploaded while I continue working and then shuts
            downs? If so, I'll take a peek. If not, Ws_FtpLe does so I'll
            stick with it. Thanks for the post. :)

            See ya in the funnies!
            Jody Adair

            Clean-Funnies
            mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe

            Proverbs 15:15
            you missed a good joke!
          • Mujtaba Ali
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
              Hello,

              Ummm.... probably doesn't. But it has the coolest queuing and recursive
              stuff. You can queue all your downloads and then have them go all at once.
              Also, at least in the past, I have had severe stability issues with
              WS_FTP. Not to say that LeechFTP never crashes, but I have only has it
              hiccup twice in four months. I guess it's a matter of preference.

              -- Mujtaba Ali

              > Just wanted to add that I think LeechFTP, which is freeware, is
              > a tad better than WS_FTP. You can download it at:
              > http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~jdebis/leechftp/

              Does it do commandline and run in the background while the file
              in NoteTab is uploaded while I continue working and then shuts
              downs? If so, I'll take a peek. If not, Ws_FtpLe does so I'll
              stick with it. Thanks for the post. :)

              See ya in the funnies!
              Jody Adair

              Clean-Funnies
              mailto:CF@...?Subject=subscribe

              Proverbs 15:15
              you missed a good joke!

              Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
              Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
              http://click.egroups.com/1/913/1/_/353289/_/949428435/

              -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=notetab-ot&m=1