995Re: [NTO] Unix system administration ?

  • Marco Bernardini
    Sep 25, 2000

      Alle 06.48 Monday 25/09/2000 -0700, Bill Scott ha mandato a Marco questo

      >Hi All:
      >I want to learn Unix system administration .... does anyone know
      >where I might get an two old 486-PC's networked together ..... ??

      I suppose everybody has an old 486 (or a P100) in his basement...
      With a 10$ you can buy network cards, but maybe you can find also some old
      10/T (the one with the round connector). If you buy new cards be careful to
      buy the right type (EISA or PCI).
      About OS I suggest you to start with Linux, because true Unix is a lot
      The best I know for a serious use is the Debian.

      Have a wonderful experience :)

      Marco Bernardini
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic