9253Re: [NTO] Momentary Hangups

  • Ray Shapp
    Nov 23, 2012
      Hi Dave,

      Thanks for the reply.

      Since this problem began, I have tried many strategies including running
      with a very light load on the machine. For about a week, I've been using
      MSCONFIG to boot up without loading any startup items. This PC contains 3
      gigs of RAM. In the past, it has handled a much heavier load of
      simultaneous applications with no hangups. Currently, when it goes into a
      pause, I can see that the hard disk indicator light on the system unit
      blips sporadically less than ten times a minute. The disks are not being
      used for memory overload.

      Besides Task Manager, can anyone suggest software to monitor utilization of
      memory, hard disk, and CPU?

      Ray Shapp