9235Re: [NTO] everything's free

  • Greg Chapman
    Sep 23 9:17 AM
      Hi Axel,

      On 23 Sep 12 16:03 Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said:
      > But sites like wordpress.com and some file hosters seem to be
      > completely free without even (at my settings, that are nothing
      > special) any advertising I can see.

      And this page:
      http://en.support.wordpress.com/upgrades/
      may explain why you haven't seen any ads yet...

      -----------------
      No-ads
      We sometimes run discreet advertisements on your blog to users who
      aren’t logged in and aren’t regular visitors. Purchasing the No-Ads
      upgrade will eliminate any ads on your blog so no one sees them at
      all. This is especially useful for business blogs. This upgrade costs
      $30.00 per blog, per year.
      -----------------

      Maybe you don't see the ads as you are logged in, so get a fglase
      impression of what visitors see, or maybe WordPress waits until you
      have invested a massive effort until you have got your blog going, so
      then you feel it's worth the $30pa to keep it ad-free.

      I found both my bits of info from the page:
      http://en.wordpress.com/features/
      in a prargraph that read:

      Doesn’t Cost a Dime

      Build a great site and spend nothing, zilch, nada. And if you want to
      make a great site even better, we offer a great selection of premium
      upgrades.

      And that I reached from the home page and a link at the bottom "Free
      features".

      Greg
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic