9194Re: [NTO] Create Universally Readable PDFs

    Feb 7, 2012
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      > File size is 1.1MB.

      This is one more example that Docs don't travel, it looks much different
      from your original here, mostly due to a lack of fonts. Copying the
      image I find it is clearly blown up from a much smaller one (seemingly
      by a factor of five). That author is obviously (searching for an
      acceptable euphemism) less than an expert in document creation. He may
      have picked up that graphics ought to be 300 dpi or more and has not
      grasped that just blowing up a raster image does not raise the true
      resolution one bit.

      Even so, opening the Doc in OpenOffice and saving as PDF, changing
      nothing except specifying embedding images as 90 % quality Jpeg (at 90 %
      artefacts stay invisible to me) I come up with a PDF version 1.4 of file
      size 165 kB.

      I recommend ditching PDF creator and going for Open Office.

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68