9190Re: [NTO] Create Universally Readable PDFs

    Feb 6, 2012
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      > Thanks for the reply, Axel.

      I'm curious: Can your member read my version 1.2 file? If so, do you
      need any help in setting up ghostscript?

      N.B: The "newer is always better" brigade chide me for writing that old
      format, noting that the newer ones can result in smaller files. They're
      right, I've seen differences up to 30 %. On the other hand, although my
      conversion to a lower version sometimes makes files bigger, in other
      cases filesizes may be halved. Far more bloat is due to sloppy
      programming than to outdated procedures and going for the newest and
      brightest files size tends to be the one thing losing its importance
      fastest.

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68