9151Re: [NTO] Force mono sound from both speakers

  • Alec Burgess
    Sep 17, 2011
      On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:32:49 -0400 Alec Burgess
      <burnews@...> said (in part):
      > On 2011-09-17 21:18, loro wrote:
      >> VLC way works fine now that I've found it, but I don't use VLC for
      >> everything.
      >
      > Since we're (sort-of) talking about VLC and other players.
      > I like VLC but if I'm playing a list of (eg. movie trailers) items
      > from a playlist VLC insists on resizing on each new item.
      > On the other hand my (currently) default media player SMPlayer is
      > happy to leave the current size and scale the next item to fit within
      > it as well as it can. However, for some file types or specific items
      > of the type is inferior to VLC
      >
      > Does anyone know of a VLC option that will make it behave like
      > SMPlayer in this respect.
      > My VLC is version 1.1.11.0. I've scanned through the (*very* extensive
      > set of) options several times but haven't yet tried to google for
      > answers.
      Replying to myself .... Google [vlc prevent window resizing] gives this:
      (from 2008) http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=52999&f=14
      <http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=52999&f=14>
      - which suggests I can specify an absolute size to be used for ALL
      videos but can't get it use size of last window after manual resizing
      which is what I wanted as did OP in that thread and is the SMPlayer
      behavior. I'll give it a try next time I have a bunch. I'm currently
      downloading with JDownloader - a truly fine (free) application 8-)