9111Re: [NTO] Please vote to help wildlife

  • Mick Housel
    May 25, 2011
      I didn't see where Sheri asked that Facebook become a part of NoteTab or
      asked that everyone join up. She simply asked that if folks would be so
      kind as to support a cause that's obviously dear to her, she'd
      appreciate it. I'm sure that's why she placed it here on the Off Topic
      list. :)

      Social media is here to stay and will be an integral part of the online
      world as it moves forward. That doesn't mean that y'all have to jump on
      the bandwagon and participate but I personally don't think that others
      that choose to participate should be slighted for that. As the article
      Sheri references infers, the key in the phrase is "social" and that
      should and does include folks associating with each other and helping
      with worthy causes. I think all of us can appreciate the value of that.

      I think it's sad that so many don't care about what happens to others
      unless it directly effects them. Too bad that people seem to have become
      so self-centered and seemingly uncaring. And no, that's not directed at
      anyone particular on this list or otherwise, just a general observation
      about society today.

      Just my .02 worth. </minirant>

      Mick

      "It took me all this time to lose my mind, what on earth made you think
      I would want a piece of yours?" - Unknown