      From: Axel Berger
      Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2011 4:02 PM
      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Reply to members, was: [NTO] parts of an inch

      Harold Noffke wrote:
      > I clicked "Reply to sender" in "Windows Live Mail"

      Sorry, Harold, this is one more layer of sillyness than I had reckoned
      with. You are not, as I had assumed, using the web interface of the
      yahoo-groups, -- see the link to
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-OffTopic/> automatically added to the
      bottom of this message -- but are receiving list mails. But you are not
      using a decent email program and instead access mail through a web
      interface. This is something I only do in emergencies and then never the
      Microsoft one.

      But I have got a hotmail address for the rare occasions, when I need to
      stay anonymous. I just sent myself a message with the reply-to set, as
      our listmails are. The "reply" button, top right, sends to the reply-to
      address as it should. But top left there is the sender's name and a
      button "add to contacts". The latter does just what it says and the
      former, when hovered, shows the sender's address and seems to offer a
      "send email", which - not surprising with Microsoft - does not work. As
      the web page has 210 syntax errors on a single page, it's surprising
      that anything works at all.

      But still, if you look around even in this primitive and decidedly
      substandard environment the sender's address can be found.