9078CMD Window Doesn't Close

  • Ray Shapp
    Apr 23, 2011
      To all,

      How to cause the CMD window to close after launching an application via a
      hyperlink in a topic within an NTP Outline document?

      Here's an example of what I mean:

      The following is a hyperlink in a topic within an outline

      [cmd.exe /c start AntbarLaunch.bat]

      The batch file follows after one blank line:

      @ECHO off
      :: Open Windows Explorer in Antbar directory
      :: By RAS 4/24/2011
      cls
      :: a long line follows
      c:\windows\explorer.exe C:\"Documents and Settings\RAS\Application
      Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\d3skf7th.default\antbar"

      The batch file has ended immediately above.

      If I understand the info in the following reference, the "c" switch in the
      cmd.exe command should cause the CMD window to close after launching Windows
      Explorer:

      http://www.computerhope.com/cmd.htm

      Instead, Windows Explorer opens with the correct directory displayed, but
      the CMD window remains open. By adding the "exit" statement at the bottom of
      the batch file, the CMS widow does close, but Windows Explorer is not the
      focused application (although the desired folder is selected). If I
      eliminate the "c" switch, the batch file doesn't run at all.

      Why is the "c" switch not working?

      NTP 6.2/fv running under Win7 Pro 64-bit.

      Thank you for your help.

      Ray Shapp