9059Re: [NTO] Not sure what I'm doing

  • kathleen.kearns
    Feb 12, 2011
      True. Approximately 100 columns are data that is imported. The remainder are either manually entered or formulas based on the imported data. Problem with Access is that it can't be shared at the same time. I guess what I'm trying to do is dummy proof the process so that anyone will only need to import the data, enter a few fields manually and be done with it and at the same time make it look good, like a web page. We had a process that was fairly manual with the documentation mailing handled by an outside vendor but that turned into a disaster and morphed into an internal project for me. I make mistakes too so if i could simplify and have it look good (not in Excel or database look).

      I really appreciate all of you trying to help figure this out. Nice to know there are groups like this to bounce off ideas.

      Kathleen

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> wrote:

      > "kathleen.kearns" wrote:
      > > There is a small number of columns where we manually
      > > enter data, such as notes and payments made.
      >
      > Alright, so these columns are not data but internal machinery. They
      > could be stuffed into the "programming" of Access leaving only those
      > fields that contain real data and yielding a tight and compact Access
      > solution. If you are familiar with Access or have someone there who is,
      > that may be the better solution for you. After all you have already
      > thrown out loads of money for that proprietary software, why not use it?
      >
      > Axel

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic