Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

9024Re: [NTO] Kitchen English - or metallurgy

Expand Messages
  • hsavage
    Jan 29 3:42 PM
      loro wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I'm trying to buy a classic old-fashioned omelette pan from Britain.
      > Would you believe it's impossible to get one of those in Sweden?
      > Anyhow, I have a problem with the materials. I'm not familiar with
      > the English terms. Are black iron and mild steel the same thing, some
      > kind of carbon steel? The pans sure look identical in the pictures.
      > TIA
      > Lotta


      'Are black iron and mild steel the same thing'

      This may be the case but I suspect 'black iron' may be referring to
      'cast iron'.

      Used many years in the past and you can still buy cooking hardware
      made of cast iron. After much use and curing with the fats and oils
      from what's been cooked they usually turn deep black color.

      It is not the same as mild steel!

      ºvº SL_day#_29 - created 2011.01.29 ~ 17.35.51

      And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would be...?

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic