8994Re: [NTO] Text file differences - what's going on?

  • Alex Plantema
    Dec 2, 2010
      Op donderdag 2 december 2010 13:01 schreef Alec Burgess:

      > Can anybody explain and/or point me to a tool I can use to change the
      > "bad" files to "good" so I can get them indexed by X1?

      EF BB BF is the UTF-8 representation of U+FEFF, the byte order mark.
      With Notepad, you can create a file containing only these three bytes
      by saving an empty file with UTF-8 encoding,
      and use it to add them to a file, e.g.:

      copy empty.txt+art_bad.html art_good2.html

      Alex.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic