8939Re: [NTO] Next peculiar computer problem

    Oct 6, 2010
      fw7oaks wrote:
      > DON'T OPEN THE OLD ONE,

      Rubbish (sorry). After disconnecting from the mains and waiting a
      quarter of an hour (or half a minute more typically) everything in there
      is quite safe. Do not change anything and power it up again, unless
      fairly sure what you're doing, of course, but paranoia is not warranted
      here. I have taken apart and reassembled all my toys from at least age
      five onward and I'm not going to stop now.