8895Re: [NTO] Re: Yahoo Groups down the drain?

  • Sheri
    Sep 25, 2010
      On 9/25/2010 4:31 AM, Alec Burgess wrote:
      > On 2010-09-25 02:59, Sheri wrote:
      >> You can join this group to experience the latest revision of the new
      >> interface.

      > It appears there is some commitment by Yahoo management to address
      > some/most(?) of the complaints. On the Y-Mail interface it looks like
      > the "paint is still drying" on some features (eg Files). Hopefully it
      > doesn't get rolled out to the Notetab collection of groups too soon!

      Re commitment, keep in mind that Yahoo's Mail and Groups projects are
      separate. The Groups project isn't even using a Group in its
      communication. From what I understand the YMail Group is a user group,
      but some Yahoo Mail project personnel are participating there.

      The only places you get the drying paint dialog is on Group features
      that haven't yet been touched, that are still using the old interface.

      Another link:
      <http://content.usatoday.com/communities/technologylive/comments/2010/09/readers-what-would-you-like-to-ask-yahoo-ceo-carol-bartz/2>

      I'm very disheartened by the aesthetics of the new interface (hate the
      avatars, the narrow text width, the font size, the date at the bottom
      instead of top the posts, the animated busy ringo on every click, the
      endless requirement for clicking, etc.

      At least text in the latest revision responds to zooming. Anyway, all
      that can hopefully be avoided by participating via email. To me the
      worst thing is the virtual uselessness of the online archive in this
      "brave new world". Can't link to a specific reply even if you do manage
      to locate it (which is doubtful in the sea of "conversations"). Also
      existing links to gems in the archives aren't going to work any more.

      Regards,
      Sheri*
      *
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic