8876Re: [NTO] Grouply

  • Alex Plantema
    Sep 16 9:46 AM
      Op donderdag 16 september 2010 13:30 schreef loro:

      > What's with all these grouply invites I get? Do others get them too?
      > Now it get "get friends" requests too, making me think I'm already
      > added to grouply, however that is possible.
      >
      > If you don't know, grouply seems to be one of those sites that lives
      > off news groups. Another interface, "exciting social features", blah
      > blah blah... Of course all Notetab groups are archived there.

      When people give their password to Grouply, which is against Yahoo's rules,
      messages and possibly other data are harvested from all groups they belong to,
      and exposed on Grouply's site, which is against privacy rules.
      On list manager lists like Listhelp people are warned against such behaviour,
      and some list owners kick people who do so off their list.

      Alex.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic