8859Re: [NTO] Netbooks

    Aug 23, 2010
      Jeffery wrote:
      > The Netbook comes preloaded with the operating system, and any
      > uodates have to come either by USB port or by internet download.

      Not quite so. for one thing standard USB sticks are bigger now than CDs
      and even DVDs ever were and for another you have an ethernet port and
      WLAN, so that at home you can use a local network and whatever media you
      like.

      The one remaining problem is booting from something else than the
      harddrive, which is possible but I don't yet know how to do it.