8757Re: [NTO] Can NoteTab Pro 6 Regular Expressions Change Windows-7 Shortcut Names?

    Apr 2, 2010
      Harold wrote:
      >Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) appends a " - Shortcut" string to
      >the end of every shortcut created, in addition to overlaying the
      >shortcut arrow icon in the lower left corner of the shortcut's
      >icon. I've been trying to use NoteTab Pro 6's Find & Replace box to
      >remove this string on "a selected folder and all its
      >subfolders." I've not had any success at this, because Find &
      >Replace wants to operate on documents instead of shortcuts.

      You need the disk search rather than Find & Replace. Search | Search
      Disk or CTRL + D.

      >Does anyone know of an approach to doing this with Regular
      >Expressions? At this point I don't think NoteTab Pro 6 can do this,
      >because it is internally structured to recognize only file contents,
      >and not file names, folder names, or shortcut names.

      Wrong! Could do it with a clip too if you want. Can't help you with
      the regexp though.

      BTW I don't think this is OT at all. ;-)

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic