8669Re: [NTO] deleted dmusic.sys by mistake - oops!

    Feb 20, 2010
      Mike Breiding wrote:
      >I now use ZA, Avast, and SUPEREAntiSpyware.
      >
      >ZA routinely blocks unauthorized access and Avast has found more than
      >one Trojan attached to bogus emails and web sites.

      Do you have the Paid version of Avast?

      >I know there are lots of AV/Fireall combos which can be used and you
      >will get more than one recommendations.
      >Maybe mine works great, maybe I have just been lucky.

      Maybe mine did too, as long as I kept them installed... :-o

      I had Sunbelt. Before that I think it was Comodo. Now I'm trying a
      new one from PrivacyWare that seems less of a resource hog and
      haven't caused any programs to lock up or crash yet. I'm disappointed
      though. It felt very nice without the FW. Maybe my router is crap.
      What do I know? Or maybe the trojan had been lurking for a long time
      and first now downloaded something that made me take notice? Fact is,
      my computer is more silent than it has been in a long time now. If
      that's because the trojan or Sunbelt is gone I will never know.

      >I hope things get back to normal for you soon.

      Thank you. I think I got them all.