8667Re: [NTO] deleted dmusic.sys by mistake - oops!

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Feb 20, 2010
      loro wrote:
      > Worth to mention is that I uninstalled my firewall the other day
      > because it was causing too much trouble. I've read a lot of articles
      > claiming that the FW in the router is enough for threats from
      > outside. I wonder if it was just a coincidence that I got my first
      > real virus when I didn't run a software FW?

      Scary.
      I got whacked about a year ago with all kinds of assaults.
      Although I have been using ZoneAlarm for years there were times when I
      had it disabled.

      I now use ZA, Avast, and SUPEREAntiSpyware.

      ZA routinely blocks unauthorized access and Avast has found more than
      one Trojan attached to bogus emails and web sites.

      I know there are lots of AV/Fireall combos which can be used and you
      will get more than one recommendations.
      Maybe mine works great, maybe I have just been lucky.

      I hope things get back to normal for you soon.

      -Mike
      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic