8656Re: [NTO] Re: [Clip] Top-posting forces your reader to work (was Re: Finding a string within a string)

  • Alec Burgess
    Feb 13, 2010
      fw7oaks (fw7oaks@...) wrote (in part) (on 2010-02-13 at 19:25):
      > --- On Fri, 2/12/10, John Wallace <johnta1@...> wrote:
      > > What program do you use for your email, fw?
      > Thunderbird - but not even that can restore collapsed nesting once
      > another eMail client has flattened a message.

      Their is also the Quote Color extension.
      which makes it really easy to spot the new stuff ... especially with
      those newsgroups that take interspersed comments within quoted material

      > At least with TB you have a choice to flatten or not.

      and QuickQuote which allows quoting only selected text when replying
      http://quickquote.mozdev.org/ (just noticed that above site says this
      function is included in Thunderbird 3.

      Speaking of Thunderbird 3 (well I am, even if no-one else is :-) ):
      Has anyone either tested or switched from TB2 to TB3 - if so -
      comments/difficulties etc.

      I'm usually the first to jump on beta versions but *really* don't want
      to screw up my email client/history.