8384Re: [NTO] Re-installing Windows

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Mar 20, 2009
      Axel Berger wrote:

      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > > I now store them in safety deposit box at a local bank.
      >
      > Very sensible. My backup drives are outside of any computer and
      > unconnected to anything, so they are safe from software and most
      > electrical mishaps (barring a direct lighning hit), but they are in
      > the same room and only feet away from the working computer.

      I have two redundant, networked drives in the basement for data back-up.
      But, they are susceptible to the same scenarios as you describe above.

      I guess you could consider my web space back-up as well for my photos
      The "thumbs" are linked to the original files stored on the web server.
      But, that is all for not. When I kick the bucket, the web site gets
      wiped and all is lost.
      Compared to books, digital data is ephemeral.
      -mb

      --

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us